Swiss Summer School Democracy Studies
The major objective of this Summer School is to enable young scholars interested in democracy research to understand the complex challenges democracy faces today. For that purpose, the Swiss Summer School in Democracy Studies:
- offers each year a one-week intensive high-level, multi-disciplinary training in democracy research;
- focusses on different themes which cover a wide range of approaches, theories and methods in current democracy research;
- provides a unique opportunity for doctoral students in social sciences, including political science, political philosophy, media and communication science, and related disciplines to present their PhD projects to renowned experts from their field and to receive high-quality feedback;
- organizes various social activities to deepen the newly established contacts which are of value for the young scholars' future academic careers;
- delivers 3 ECTS credits for doctoral students who participate in the full academic program.
The Summer School is directed by the Doctoral Program Democracy Studies (DPDS) at the University of Zurich and is affiliated with the NCCR Democracy and the Centre for Democracy Studies Aarau (ZDA), both centers for multidisciplinary research on democracy in Switzerland.
Each year a different partner institution from the Swiss PhD-Network Democracy Studies will organize the Summer School.